The Spreading Wings S1000 Premium Professional Octocopter from DJI is a collapsible, eight-propeller RC helicopter designed to carry a DSLR or similar-sized camera. The aircraft is intended to serve as a platform, allowing professional videographers and photographers to add dynamic aerial shots to their productions. It is designed to work with either the A2 or WooKong-M flight control systems, which are available separately.
For stabilizing and moving a camera in flight, the S1000 Premium is compatible with any of the Zenmuse Z15 series gimbals. The airframe features a dampened gimbal mounting bracket with a low mounting position. Additionally, the landing gear can be raised, allowing an unobstructed 360 of visibility.
The S1000 Premium is designed to use 6S lithium-polymer batteries. It will support capacities between 10,000 and 20,000mAh, and requires a discharge rate of at least 15C. With a 15,000mAh battery and a take-off weight of 21 pounds, it is estimated to fly approximately 15 minutes.
Note: Assembly is required and a flight control system is not included.
Why Buy From Us?
- We are the Official Distributor for DJI and we also sell direct to you
- We will match any prices from New Zealand or overseas*
- We have a full service workshop with experienced technicians
- We carry a full range of spare parts, accessories and upgrades
- We fly our products, our hands on experience adds to our technical knowledge
- We're not just a website, we have a physical store you can come and visit
- We offer a 14 day money back guarantee*
- Take-Off Weight and Flying Time
- Weighing approximately 9.3 pounds, the S1000 Premium is able to support a take-off weight of up to 24 pounds. This means it can handle camera payloads up to the approximate size of a Canon EOS 5D Mark III. With a 21 pound take-off weight and a 15,000mAh battery it features an estimated flying time of approximately 15 minutes
- Propulsion System
- At the end of each prop arm is a 40A electronic speed controller (ESC). When combined with its 4114 pro motor and high performance 1552 folding propellers, it is capable of a maximum thrust of 5.5 pounds
- Low Gimbal Mounting Position
- The S1000 Premium supports all of DJI's Zenmuse Z15 series gimbals for camera stabilization and control. The frame keeps the gimbal low, using a specially designed bracket. Additionally, the landing gear retract in flight so that full camera panning is possible
- Damping Design
- The gimbal and battery are mounted on the same bracket, with dampers placed between the bracket and the frame. This is designed to significantly reduce high-frequency vibrations to help make shots clearer and sharper. The battery tray's position also makes it more stable and accessible for mounting and dismounting
- Aluminum Construction for Key Parts
- The frame arm mounts, motor mounts, and other key parts of the airframe use aluminum rather than plastics or composites for enhanced robustness. Using aluminum helps ensure that if a crash does occur major structural damage will be avoided
- Foldable Propellers and Collapsible Frame
- All eight arms can be completely folded down and the 1552 folding propeller can be tucked away, minimizing the S1000's size for transportation. To fly, simply lift the frame arms up, lock them in place with the red clips, and power up the system
- Efficient V-Type Mixer
- The mixer in the S1000 Premium is designed to provide large amounts of propulsion while maintaining power efficiency. Acting in tandem with the flight control system, it will work to keep the aircraft stable and flying even after the loss of a rotor. Integrated into the center frame is a power distribution system using DJI's proprietary coaxial cable connector
The mixer is designed to be easier to install or replace by eliminating the need for soldering. All frame arms as well as the retractable landing gear are made from carbon fiber, to help ensure a low weight profile and high structural stability
- Inclined Prop Arm
- Each prop arm features 8 inversion and a 3 inclination, making the aircraft more stable when rolling and pitching, and at the same time more flexible when rotating
- Sparkproof Plug
- The main power cord uses an AS150 sparkproof plug for positive and a XT150 plug for negative to prevent accidentally mixing up polarities, and preventing short circuits that could damage sensitive electronics